Bit of History
The idea to build a component-based CMS came to founder and main developer Niko Craft in late 2016 while he was experimenting with Laravel framework. Development of the CMS started on Bitbucket where the project was developed in private since 2017. In mid 2019 project was moved to Github and made public with a custom license. In March 2020 LaraOne became fully open source project by switching from a custom license to MIT license.
The idea behind the project is simple: Build an awesome, easy to use modern CMS, make it component based so that any kind of website could be built directly from the CMS without advanced coding skills. Make it look good, with awesome UI and great UX.
Make LaraOne one of the most popular and used CMS:es on the internet. Have 100,000+ websites powered by LaraOne CMS. Provide great features out of the box and keep developing and improving it. Keep it open source and build a large community behind the project.
What is LaraOne?
LaraOne is a modern component-based CMS built with Laravel and VueJs frameworks. Anyone should be able to quickly get up to speed with LaraOne CMS and create beautiful websites (blogs, portfolios, etc). Developers with Laravel & VueJS skills can easily use it to build custom solutions for their own or client needs.
Below are just some of the features LaraOne offers out of the box:
- Modern Component-Based CMS
- Build Beautiful Websites without Coding
- Skilled Developers Can Create More Advanced Customizations
- Great UI and UX offers Ease of Use for End Users
- Users and Permissions Managment
- Produces Responsive Pages
- Support for Content Type Pages
- Support for Content Type Posts
- Support for Developer Defined Content Types
- Taxonomies (Categories and Tags)
- Custom Taxonomies Supported
- Supports Themes
- Easy Theme Customization by the End-Users
- Supports Widgets of many diffrent types
- Easy Widget Customization by the End-Users
- Media Library for managing images
- SEO Features that offer complete control over SEO
- Components rendered on the backend for better SEO and for speed